Monday, July 4

She's My Little Rock N' Roll: Volume I

I’m feeling rather uninspired today because one: I don’t particularly like the 4th of July, since nothing will beat the Groveland/Mammoth Lakes adventure that happened last year. And two: I seem to be having an allergic reaction to everything in sight, therefor I cannot breathe.
That being said I felt like there was no better way to start of my first SMLRR post with none other than Sable Starr. Although she was not a musician or an artist, she did put up with Johnny Thunders notorious druggie behavior (& his horridly long black hair) and looked stylish (most of the time) doing it. So in honor of this rock n’ roll groupie I give you this post.
She doesn’t even have her own Wiki entry, which I find horrible, but if you want to find out more about this lovely band-aid read Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk by Legs McNeil & Gillian McCain (best book of all time). She also was like 13 at the time of groupie-dom which is a little crazy.
But nonetheless her style is very "the girl next door" with a injection of punk rock and heroin. She rocks the hotpants, just tights look, as well as flashy fur and big platform heels. She does wear some very prostitute-y looking outfits but hey, it was the 70s...Also does some interesting combos with bandanas and pillbox hats. Oh and trashbags... And don't forget her glorious blonde curly hair, fab.


with Stiv Bators (via arocknrollsuicide)




with Blondie


(1,2,3 via sighsandwhispers)






post signature