Tuesday, December 18

These frozen streets


So I have been extremely MIA- in the J.D. Salinger kind of way. I’m hoping to rally and continue this attempt at blogging with a fresh start: a new blog name, new ideas, no more boring job, and the beginning of my life as a writer.

A slight update on my fabulously boring life in Portland. I’ve quit my job at the university I work at right now. Taking the job when I moved back from California was an attempt to keep me immersed in learning and education... This, of course, did not work. I found myself waking up late for work and puttering along through my existence without so much as a creative thought (except for  some random song ideas which only came every five months or so).

Enter the change. 


So I decided to quit my job and apply to MFA programs.  I was accepted into Lesley University’s low residency MFA program in Writing for Young People, which aside reading millions of YA books as a kid and taking tips from younger sister recently,  I hadn’t even realized was a genre I wanted to study .
Here the adventure begins.

I’ll be working part-time (hopefully) and writing fulltime for this program. I want this blog to possibly morph into strange YA reviews, fashion, beauty, music, and my general annoyances with the world.  I guess I’m really back!

I’ll start with a quite preview of my favorite songs of the moment:
Look the Other Way – Justin Townes Earle
I saw JTE in November. It was absolutely otherworldly. He a genius. A tall and beautiful voiced god.


Saturn Return – She Keeps Bees
I don’t even know how I stumbled across them but I’ll let this haunting duo heal your foggy brains.